1. He did me a ____turn by lending me ten pounds.
A. good B. nice C. fine D. pretty
2. Once our chickens started laying eggs, we had such a ____of eggs that we were giving many away to our neighbors.
A. output B. surplus C. production D. plenty
3. Following are comments about the behavior that people in Korea usually expect in various social ____.
A. occasions B. cases C.situations D. circumstances
4. They have considered their high standard of living a(n)____for practising their basic beliefs.
A. award B. reward C. result D. consequence
5. Mac’s close____to his brother made people mistake them for one another.
A. resemblance B. identity C. appearance D. relationship
6.For many patients, institutional care is the most ______ and beneficial form of care.
A. pertinent B. appropriate C. acute D. persistent
7.Among all the changes resulting from the ______ entry of women into the work force, the transformation that has occurred in the women themselves is not the least important.
A.massive B.quantitative C.surplus D.formidable
8.Mr. Smith became very ______ when it was suggested that he had made a mistake.
A.ingenious B.empirical C.objective D.indignant
9.Rumours are everywhere, spreading fear, damaging reputations, and turning calm situations into ______ ones.
A.turbulent B.tragic C.vulnerable D.suspicious
10.The ______ cycle of life and death is a subject of interest to scientists and philosophers alike.
A.incompatible B.exceeding C.instantaneous D.eternal