Geography is the study of the relationship between people and the land. Geographers compare and contrast__1__places on earth. But they also__2__beyond the individual places and consider the earth as a__3__. The word Geography__4__from two Greek words, ge, the Greek word for “earth” and graphein,__5__means “ to write”. The English word geography means “to describe the earth”.__6__geography books__7__on a small area like a town or city. Other deal with a state, a region, a nation, or an__8__continent. Many geography books deal with the whole earth. Another__9__to divide the study of__10__is to distinguish between physical geography and__11__geography. The former focus on the natural world; the__12__starts with human beings and studies__13__human being and their environment act__14__each other.__15__when geography is considered as a single subject,__16__branch can neglect the other.
A geographer might be described__17__one who observes, records, and explains the__18__between places. If places were alike, there would be little need for geographer.
We know,__19__,that no two places are exactly the same. Geography,__20__,is a point of view, a special way of looking at places.
1. A. similarB. distantC. variousD. famous
2. A. passB. go C. reachD. get
3. A. wholeB. untilC. part D. total
4. A. fallsB. resultsC. removesD. comes
5. A. whatB. which C. that D. it
6. A. SomeB. MostC. ManyD. Few
7. A. relyB. restC. reckonD. focus
8. A. extensiveB. overallC. entire D. enormous
9. A. wayB. meansC. habitD. technique
10. A. world B. earthC. geographyD. globe
11. A. mental B. militaryC. economicD. cultural
12. A. second B. nextC. laterD. latter
13. A. when B. whatC. whereD. how
14. A. upon B. asC. forD. to
15. A. And B. ButC. ThereforeD. For
16. A. neither B. oneC. either D. each
17. A. for B. asC. toD. by
18. A. exceptions B. samenessC. differenceD. divisions
19. A. moreover B. meanwhileC. howeverD. or else
20. A. still B. then C. neverthelessD. moreover
CBADB ADCAC DDDAB ABCCB